How to Volunteer
4-H Riding Therapy volunteers have a different enrollment process. Please contact the OSU Extension office if you would like to become a riding therapy volunteer in 2023.
The deadline to become a 4-H Club Volunteer is January 31. If you, or another adult you know, are interested in serving as a 4-H Volunteer, contact the OSU Extension office about a New Volunteer Packet or apply online using this link: link for 2024 volunteers will be posted in the Fall of 2023. All potential Ohio State University Extension volunteers working with members of a vulnerable population (i.e. youth) will be required to complete an application process which consists of:
- Understanding the volunteer position description;
- Completing an application and providing personal references (must have complete mailing address);
- Participating in an interview and orientation;
- Agreeing to and signing the Volunteer Standards of Behavior form; and
- Submitting to a fingerprint background check.
Also contact the OSU Extension office if you are interested in starting a new 4-H club. In Morgan County, 4-H clubs must have at least 5 youth members from 3 families and at least 1 approved 4-H advisor.