2022 Camp information
4-H Camp this year will be an overnight camping experience at Camp Hervida. Camp will be held at Camp Hervida in Washington County from July 11th-July 15th. Additional details to be posted on the 4-H Blog, https://u.osu.edu/4hmorgancounty/, at a later date. You can subscribe to the blog and receive emails when a blog is made or just visit the blog.
Cloverbud Day Camp will be held at Camp Hervida in Washington County on July 27, 2022. Older Youth In-Training members are once again planning this Cloverbud Day Camp. The plan is to utilize the wonderful outdoor environment at Camp Hervida to develop activities. It is also an opportunity to expose Cloverbuds to the campground and get them excited about attending 4-H Camp in the future. Additional details to come on the 4-H Blog, https://u.osu.edu/4hmorgancounty/ at a later date. You can subscribe to blog and receive emails when a blog is made or just check the blog.
OBJECTIVES OF 4-H CAMPING
Parents show their belief in the value of 4-H camping by sending thousands of young people to Ohio 4-H camps each year. The supportive environment at Ohio 4-H camps provides kids with opportunities to learn how to live, work and play through hands-on activities in the natural world.
By participating in Ohio 4-H Camps, campers will:
- build self-esteem and self-efficacy;
- connect with meaningful role models in a safe and inclusive environment;
- demonstrate problem-solving ability and establish standards and values that guide decision-making;
- enhance independent living skills;
- develop positive relationships with other young people from different backgrounds;
- cultivate teamwork and leadership capacity;
- explore activities for wise use of leisure time;
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of the world around them through programs focused on outdoor learning; creative expression; science, technology, engineering and math; and leadership and citizenship