2024 4-H Camp Dates:
4-H Camp will be Monday July 8th through Friday July 12th, 2024
4-H Camp is an overnight camping experience held at Camp Hervida for members who are 9 to 13 years old as of January 1, 2024 and have completed 3rd grade. Camp will be held at Camp Hervida in Washington County. Camp Hervida is located 4 miles south of Waterford at the intersection of Watertown Twp. Rds. 107 & 108. Access to the camp from St. Rt. 339 is best at Co. Rd. 6 then Twp. Rd. 108. Signs are posted for your convenience. Additional details to be posted on the 4-H Blog, https://u.osu.edu/4hmorgancounty/, at a later date.
Cloverbud Day Camp is a one day camp experience for Cloverbud members that will be held at Camp Hervida in Washington County. Cloverbud Day camp will be July 25th from 9:00 am -3:00 pm. Camp Hervida is located 4 miles south of Waterford at the intersection of Watertown Twp. Rds. 107 & 108. Access to the camp from St. Rt. 339 is best at Co. Rd. 6 then Twp. Rd. 108. Signs are posted for your convenience. Older Youth In-Training members are once again planning this Cloverbud Day Camp. The plan is to utilize the wonderful outdoor environment at Camp Hervida to develop activities. It is also an opportunity to expose Cloverbuds to the campground and get them excited about attending 4-H Camp in the future. Additional details to come on the 4-H Blog, https://u.osu.edu/4hmorgancounty/ at a later date.
OBJECTIVES OF 4-H CAMPING
Parents show their belief in the value of 4-H camping by sending thousands of young people to Ohio 4-H camps each year. The supportive environment at Ohio 4-H camps provides kids with opportunities to learn how to live, work and play through hands-on activities in the natural world.
By participating in Ohio 4-H Camps, campers will:
- build self-esteem and self-efficacy;
- connect with meaningful role models in a safe and inclusive environment;
- demonstrate problem-solving ability and establish standards and values that guide decision-making;
- enhance independent living skills;
- develop positive relationships with other young people from different backgrounds;
- cultivate teamwork and leadership capacity;
- explore activities for wise use of leisure time;
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of the world around them through programs focused on outdoor learning; creative expression; science, technology, engineering and math; and leadership and citizenship